Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Southern Banana Pudding


Hi! My name is Jen Karalfa. I'm a member of Team 7 and the owner of Romancing the Book (http://www.romancing-the-book.com). I've struggled with my weight my whole life because I have this crazy aversion to vegetables and a ridiculous sweet tooth. I also hate to cook. It's partically due to my picky eating habits, but it's also hard to get motivated to cook for one and not end up with tons of leftovers.
So, when I was asked to come up with a recipe... well, this was a tough assignment because I don't cook. In my moment of need, I turned to SparkPeople for some inspiration. And because I have a sweet tooth, I decided to share a dessert recipe with y'all. It's a low-fat version of an old classic:

Easy Low-Fat Southern Banana Pudding

Minutes to Prepare: 20
Minutes to Cook: 200
Number of Servings: 8

Ingredients

    3-3/4 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
    2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Vanilla or Banana Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
    32 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers
    2 bananas, sliced
    2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping


Directions

POUR 3-1/2 cups of the milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes.
ARRANGE layer of wafers on bottom and up side of 2-quart serving bowl; drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of the remaining milk. Add layer of banana slices; top with 1/3 of the pudding. Repeat layers, drizzling wafer layer with remaining milk and ending with pudding. Spread whipped topping over pudding.

REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until ready to serve.

Number of Servings: 8

Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 8
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 208.0
  • Total Fat: 1.4 g
  • Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
  • Sodium: 447.4 mg
  • Total Carbs: 31.8 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
  • Protein: 4.8 g

No comments:

Post a Comment