Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Things I've learned in my weight loss experience by Noelle Pierce


Three things I learned in the last round of RBW helped me figure out my body, what works, and what doesn't.

The first was that I needed a lot of water. At least 10 glasses, instead of the 8 recommended. Not only did drinking water help curb my between-meal hunger, but it kept me from getting headaches or dizzy when I stood up too quickly—problems I'd been struggling with for years.

The second was that strength training (or weight lifting, or "the machines", or resistance training, or whatever you call them) melted inches. The scale didn't move much, but man, the tape measure did. In the first few weeks of RBW1, I lost two inches in my waist, and three inches in each of my thighs.

Along those same lines, cardio workouts caused the scale to move, but not so much the inches. I'm still working out a good balance for me, so I'm not focusing on one over the other, as I tend to do.

The final thing I learned was that if I didn't make myself go to the gym as soon as I dropped the kids off at school, I wouldn't go that day. Once I was back home and working or writing, my motivation to exercise plummeted. I *had* to go while I was already out of the house. That had to be my routine. And for the first time in my life, I went to a gym regularly and met my annual contract. My previous record was two weeks before quitting. *grin*

I know if I can do it, you can. What have you learned during your weight loss experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment