Monday, March 5, 2012

Personal Journey: Heather from Hot Mama's

I've been fighting my weight for the last several years. Not because I over ate or didn't exercise. No it was all due to the thyroid and hormone replacements I was taking. Before I knew it I had gone from 130 lbs to 190 lbs. It didn't matter what I did to take the weight off nothing happened. 

Then I got a new dr who gave me the correct doses for a woman my age. I bumped up my exercise routine and finally started to see some results. HALLELUJAH!!! 

So far I'm down 8 lbs. My entire family has started doing p90x and loving it. We are also going to start training for a mini triathlon (which may or may not kill me). Is this going to be easy? No. Will it be worth it? Yes. 

Regardless of our situations each of us have a different story to tell. Some of us may have similar stories and some of us very different stories. One this is certain however we are all in this weight loss journey together and together we will get fit and healthy so we can live very long lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment